As i’m sure you all know by now i’m headed on vacation to London and Paris. I’m leaving today!!! Before I headed off I scoured YouTube, Bloglovin and just plain ole Google for tips on what to take in my carry on bag. Normally when I travel all I take is a carry on piece of luggage with everything but seeing as i’m going overseas for over a week and because I want room for souvenirs I thought it best to bring a regular bag to check and bring a backpack with me as my carry on bag. I’ve never gone on a super long flight before so I wanted to be well prepared. Any suggestions you guys have for what to bring in a carry on are more than welcome!
Here’s what i’m bringing!
1. My Everlane backpack- Backpacks are the best for carry on bags because they’re so easy to take with you! I love this full canvas backpack and the giant front pocket is perfect for my wallet and travel documents so they’re super easy to get to.
2. Wallet- Passport, drivers license, credit/debit cards, insurance card, and cash- US and foreign- Obviously you won’t get too far without a wallet or passport at the airport.
3. Travel documents- Plane/Train tickets, Hotel vouchers, Contiki contact info, pre-bought attractions tickets and a London map- Again, obviously won’t get too far without these either. I highly suggest you make copies of any travel documents you may need.
4. Electronics- Phone, iPad, iPod, respective chargers and headphones- I like to listen to podcasts on flights. I don’t get as motion sick when just listening, plus, it’s a great way to catch up on my favorites!
6. Toiletries- toothbrush, face mask, moisturizer, deodorant, mascara- All the essentials I need to keep me fresh!
7. Eye mask and neck pillow- Self explanatory.
8. A change of clothes- Just in case anything happens to my luggage you can never be too prepared!
9. All the other random junk that you need- Hair ties, sunglasses, gum, Dramamine, fuzzy socks, notebook, etc.
What I want to know are your carry on bag essentials for a long haul flight? Let me know in the comments below!